The Hi-Desert Star Opinion pages have been flooded with resistance action over the last week. Thank you to all you letter-writers, and please keep it up!
- Cook: ‘I won’t be appearing as a political prop for protests’ by Congressman Paul Cook, who clearly has been feeling the heat!
- Paul Cook: silence, avoidance a strange response by Daniel Newell of Joshua Tree
Letters to the Editor:
- We are not ‘fringe’ groups by Margaret Verba of Lee Vining and Indivisible East Sierra
- Disappointed in Paul Cook’s absence by James Hammons of Yucca Valley
- We are long overdue for new leadership by Mindy Kaufman of Joshua Tree
- Hope Congressman Cook knows he’s MIA by Liz Mediavilla of Pioneertown (with plug for Indivisible Morongo Basin! Thanks Liz!)
- It’s time for Cook to meet the public by Michelle Myers of Pioneertown
(Note: Find contact information for submitting your letters to the editor of newspapers throughout the 8th District here.)
In the Star March 2 edition, the feature “Word on the Street” posed the question, “Do you think Congressman Paul Cook should hold a town hall meeting?” Of the six responses from residents across the Basin, five were in favor of a town hall. Several comments made note that courtesy and avoiding shouting were necessary to have a productive event, and one suggested that Cook “could livestream it as well, seeing as how his district covers a large territory and not everyone can be there in person.”