Indivisible Morongo Basin was created as a web-based project by three desert residents in early January 2017 in response to the threats represented by the Trump administration and radical Republican legislation. We now have become a full organization representing the efforts of citizens across the Morongo Basin.
We are a nonpartisan organization and embrace the guiding principles laid out in the Indivisible Guide:
• Resist Trump’s agenda. We believe Trump’s agenda is racist, authoritarian, and corrupt, and it must be stopped.
• Focus on local, defensive congressional advocacy. We demand that our own local Members of Congress serve as our voice in Washington, DC.
• Embrace progressive values. We model inclusion, respect, and fairness in all of our actions.
Using the tools on this site and working together, we can make our congressional representatives, particularly Rep. Paul Cook, aware of our views and of what actions we believe he should take. When Rep. Cook takes positions and votes contrary to their principles, we urge his constituents to make our voices heard via calls and visits to his office, letters to the editor, appearances in public forums, and other legal means.
Indivisible MB issues Action Alerts as warranted and posts other updates and information in the blog on our Home page.
The tabs at the top of every page provide:
- Contact information for Rep. Cook and our U.S. Senators Feinstein and Harris
- Actions that you can take now, as up-to-date as we can make it
- Resources you can use to keep track of Rep. Cook’s voting record and activities in the U.S. Congress, send letters to the editor, and more
- Action Guides, including the Indivisible Guide and the Resistance Manual
- A sign-up form so you may receive our e-mail alerts
- Links so you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook or contact us with comments, suggestions, inquiries, and tips on actions taking
The movement is growing fast, and we’ll do our best to help you keep up with it!
Indivisible Morongo Basin is nonpartisan but looks for opportunities to work in coalition in defined ways with other organizations that align with our values and positions and that don’t compromise IMB Principles or policies, including the policy of nonpartisanship. IMB does not participate in fundraising events for partisan groups.
Disclaimer: The materials available on or from this website are provided for general informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, and are not guaranteed to be complete or up-to-date. Indivisible Morongo Basin shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if Indivisible Morongo Basin has been advised of the possibility of such damages.